Infolinks In Text Ads

You're Fat, Can't You See?

>> Friday, February 4, 2011

Do you really care when somebody tells you "you look fat?"

If I am to answer the question, it would be Yes and No. YES, because it annoys me to think that of all other features I have, my weight becomes the focus. And NO, because I knew I'm overweight and I know how to deal with it without somebody rubbing it on my face.

Interestingly, women put so much emphasis on her physical appearance and regard each other as competitors (a lot may deny this but there are studies proving it to be true). Putting the other down appearance-wise is supposed to make the person better.

From the country where I came from (Philippines), women are so crazy about getting thin to the point they don't eat right. Girls are petite there and they take so much pride in being slim because being one is synonymous to sexy.

As I was growing up, I always belong to the "chubby" side. Round and fleshy, but I didn't care much. I'd rather eat right and have little bit meat in me than starve myself and look like a skeleton with flesh on. I only took measures to go "dieting" when I met my man, and for some time get carried along into the "get-skinny-he'll-think-you're-sexy" bandwagon.

Yes, it felt good to be thin for few years but boy, it never was easy! There were so many limitations in what I can eat, and that part was tough because I'm a food junkie! Good thing, my husband saved me from my misery and taught me how to eat right and be happy about my appearance.

Now, I have two babies and I'm 30 pounds heavier than my ideal weight. I admit there are days I'm not happy thinking about it, but right now I tried to change my outlook and focus on something more productive--like taking care of my kids and making sure their needs are met. The extra weight will come off in time and it's going to be done naturally--with right eating habits and exercise.

So how do I deal with people telling me I look fat? Nothing! I am aware of how I look and there's not much they can say to put me down. Either those words are said without thinking, out of concern, or a lame attempt to make themselves feel better, it doesn't matter to me.

I move on with my life and be grateful to be alive!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Triond Articles

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP